Spring is coming and [Foreign Affairs] is marking this passing from darkness to light, with a celebration of the age-old traditions of Springtime.
This Spring Equinox, join us for a feast of international theatre and ancient rituals in an evening of performance, poetry and pagan celebrations, sprinkled with world food, alcohol and a good helping of fun and laughter. Tickets are just £12 in advance and your first drink is free! Come and get to know us, sparks might fly!
The programme includes …
- Co-founders Trine Garrett and Camila França perform together in an incredible two-hander about love, fidelity, loss and new beginnings.
- Ophelia A very special one-woman ode to Ophelia. Conceived and performed by Alessandra Armenise.
- A multilingual piece from As You Like It which will take you on a sensory journey of sounds, accents and linguistic syncopation. Performed by the ladies of the company.
- A reading of The Garden of Proserpine by Algernon Charles Swinburne
- A movement-based piece inspired by the Polish poem Demeter i Kora. Developed and performed by the ladies of the company.
- Springtime celebrations! Our brand new ensemble will treat you to our very own rite of spring in a physical and auditory exploration of springtime ritual
Sprinkles of Chekhov, more Shakespeare and a Portuguese folk song introduced by our youngest member of the company.