HR Essentials for Your Business.
The Mill Co. Project in collaboration with People Skills is pleased to offer a FREE HR Essentials workshop to all our tenants.
Aimed at small businesses who have little or no experience of HR, this workshop will introduce you to the basics of people management. We’ll tell you what you need to do and when and explain which parts are legal necessities and which parts are ‘nice to haves’.
We’ll cover the following areas:
• Do you actually need to issue a contract and if so, when?
• What kind of contract do you need – permanent / freelance / contractor
• Do you need to provide a pension for your staff?
• What policies do you need to have? Which ones can you leave out?
• How do you manage sickness and holidays for your employees?
• How can you terminate a contract without the risk of triggering a tribunal?
This workshop is crucial for owners, directors, CEOs and office managers who want to learn how to support their employees and keep the office running smoothly, without spending all their time on HR admin.
There will be plenty of time for questions, so feel free to bring any burning issues with you to the workshop.
There is also follow up support available.
This free workshop is open to Mill Co. Project residents and friends of residents.